How to Display and Send Full Headers of Email Message in Zimbra, Ms Outlook, Outlook.com, SquirrelMail and RoundCube
The header information displays the header name followed by the header data. The header usually shows the name and email address of the sender and the recipient, the date the message was created, the subject, the email address for responding to the message and the delivery stamp.
Sometimes you need to know more about the origin of an email message. This information may be useful to determine spam and virus attach information.
Reading a Message Header
Each email message includes a header that shows the path of an email from its origin to destination. This information is used to trace a message’s route when there is a problem with the message.
The following lines are in the message header:
- Date - The date and time the message was sent. When you specify time, you can specify range by adding start and stop time to search for messages.
- From - The name of the sender and the email address
- To - The name of the recipient and the email address. Indicates primary recipients.
- Message-ID - Unique number used for tracing mail routing
- In-Reply-To - Message ID of the message that is a reply to . Used to link related messages together.
- Received: from - The name and IP address the message was sent from. The header displays Received: from information from the MTA to the LMTP and from the local host.
How to view complete email header in Zimbra Email & Collaboration
The Zimbra email message header can be viewed from the Web Client Message view. Right-click on a message and select Show Original.
- Login to Webmail and Select on Mail
- Right-click on a message and select Show Original.
How to view complete email header in Microsoft Outlook
In Outlook, to forward a suspected email message you have received you must first display the full headers, and then insert them into the body of an email message.
Displaying Full Headers
- Open the email message for which you want to view the headers. In Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007, or Outlook Web Access (OWA), double-click the message so that it opens in its own window.
- In Outlook 2013, select the File tab. Click the Properties button. To the right of Internet headers, the header information will be listed. Click the Close button.
- In Outlook 2010, in the Tags group, click the dialog box launcher (small square with an arrow).
- In Outlook 2007, in the Options group, click the dialog box launcher (small square with an arrow).
- In OWA, click the Message Details button (the icon is an envelope with a small document over it).
- The message headers are at the bottom of the window, in a box labeled Headers: or Internet headers:
How to view complete email header in Outlook.com
To view the full source behind an email in Outlook.com:
- Open the message whose source you want to open.
- Click Actions in the message's top area (near the sender).
- Select View message source from the menu that appears.
You can also get to a message's source view without opening the email itself first:
- Click on the message in its folder's email list with the right mouse button.
- Choose View message source from the context menu that shows.
How to view complete email header in SquirrelMail Webmail
- Login to Webmail
- Open the message you wish to see the headers of by clicking the subject
- Click the View Full Header link under the options section
How to view email headers in RoundCube webmail.
- Login to your Roundcube Webmail.
- Open the email message.
- There you can find an icon called "Show Source", it will look like a piece of paper with the letter S in the front.
- Click on the icon to show email headers. (Click the arrow down to reveal the email headers.)
Inserting Headers into a Message and send to Support
To insert the headers into an email message:
- Select all the headers by clicking and dragging the cursor from the top left corner to the bottom right corner of the header text.
- Press Ctrl-c to copy the headers to the Clipboard.
- Create a new email message, click in its main text window, and press Ctrl-v to paste the headers.
Was this answer helpful?
Download ได้ที่ http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/all.html วิธีการติดตั้งและเซตอัพอีเมล์...
สามารถดำเนินการตามขั้นตอน 1. Login เข้า ControlPanel https://domaintest.com:2222 (domaintest =...
ผู้ใช้งาน อีเมล์ผ่าน ระบบเว็บเมล์ หรือ outlook ก็ตามหากต้องการลบอีเมล์แบบถาวร...
1. Telnet into Email Hosting service using TCP port 25. Command is telnet <servername> 25...
ให้ทำการตั้งค่า Carlendar ด้วย CalDAV Protocolสามารถดูได้จากลิงค์ :...